I come from a long line of sign writers and am happiest with a brush and some paint! Add
paint to fabric and I get really excited!!

Friday, March 6, 2015

Editing Photos

I dedicated today to editing photos. What a job. It's actually something I generally enjoy, but I found this to be a mind bending experience. As I sorted and edited, I was adding and subtracting from three "albums" as I chose which photos would be used for what purpose. It was a long, eye twitching process but fortunately I was fuelled by a lovely tropical flavoured smoothie and medjool dates. Oh, and an egg. There is an egg in almost every one of my days. 

I tried to remind myself to get up and move at intervals, but wasn't terribly successful until some hours into my task. Actually it was my daughter's text during her lunch break at work that embarrassed me sufficiently to make that first move and to go change out of my pj's. And rebel that I am, I simply moved up the wardrobe chain to yoga pants and a hoodie, all somehow more presentable than fleece jammies. Well, sort of. And no, I don't "do" yoga, but yes, like everyone else, I wear the pants. And at this time of year, in layers.

It's still stinking cold here in New Brunswick. The snow is not disappearing and the small amount that has melted is forming a layer of ice anywhere the snow isn't. Our walkway is a skating rink. I still recall with great clarity the winter I slipped on our cement steps and landed on an already damaged tailbone. I was much younger and put on a brave face for my kids, but it sure hurt for a very long time. I am not looking to repeat that performance so I take great pains to walk around the ice. That takes me into the 6 foot cliffs of snow lining the walk. It is simpler to just not go out.

It is not an easy task being a Maritimer in March.

2 comments:

  1. Photo editing is painstakingly tedious! Glad you found solace in the dates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer Scantlebury VienneauApril 9, 2015 at 9:18 AM

    It is and I am glad to be done of that particular task! I highly recommend the Medjool dates from Costco..they are the best I have found round here. Just had some for brekkie actually! lol

    ReplyDelete