I come from a long line of sign writers and am happiest with a brush and some paint! Add
paint to fabric and I get really excited!!

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The Calm Before the Storm - Shediac, New Brunswick

Whenever snow, storms, blizzards are coming our way, the media is all over it. Conversations are dominated by the topic of what is expected. Comparisons are made to storms of the past and predictions are made for the one coming.

Right now the first blizzard of 2015 is brewing outside my windows. At 8 am, the air was still, no snow fell. Within a half hour the view out my living room window had changed considerably. The snow had begun and the wind had picked up. 

We have electric heat, so the most that can be done to prepare is to run off some extra water and bring in the camp stove. I don't react well to a loss of power, but a cup of hot tea or coffee can go along way to a better attitude. After all these years together, my husband knows this well. 

Our antidote to an impending storm is to head to the beach. Saturday was spent exploring the sands and wharf of the Shediac - Pointe du Chene area. As always, I took my camera and my husband exhibited extreme patience as I stopped and clicked and oohed and oohed more. He carried driftwood and feathers after my pockets were full and helped me push huge chucks of ice into the current and we watched as they floated and crashed and broke up into smaller pieces.
Shediac Beach




Looking toward Pointe du Chene

We met some other like minded folk walking and biking and even had a gentleman in an ultra lite fly just over our heads and wave! My photos don’t convey it well, so you will have to believe me that by times the sun was glorious. 

It was an incredibly restful and fun day.

off the Pointe du Chene wharf



Pointe du Chene Wharf

Shediac Beach


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful and peaceful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer Scantlebury VienneauFebruary 3, 2015 at 7:42 PM

    It was! I almost prefer Parlee Beach "off season". Almost..haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer Scantlebury VienneauFebruary 16, 2015 at 10:13 PM

    Thanks, Janet! It is a really lovely area, but especially so in the summer..which seems to be very, very far off after the 50 plus cms we got yesterday and today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I heard.... Hang in there. The snow will melt.

    ReplyDelete