I come from a long line of sign writers and am happiest with a brush and some paint! Add
paint to fabric and I get really excited!!

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Flowers and Hearts Church Fund Raiser Quilt

This is a lap quilt a local church group pieced for a fundraiser this fall. They were going to tie it, but when I heard about their project, I offered to quilt it because I thought they might be able to raise more if it was quilted.
The before photo


They allowed me to quilt as I chose, so I picked a couple of design elements from the fabric and used those to quilt in my free styling, makes me happy way.
I assumed some lucky little girl would end up with this cute little quilt, so I quilted flowers and hearts in an all over pattern. I used my favorite Glide thread top and bobbin and used a wonderful shade of green called “Turf".
I received a lovely thank you card from the St. John’s U.C.W., so I think it met with their approval.
The finished quilt before binding.

I hope they are able to generate a nice tidy sum in their fund raising efforts.

2 comments:

  1. Love your quilting Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer Scantlebury VienneauJuly 23, 2014 at 10:24 PM

    Thanks, Marjorie! It was fun to do!

    ReplyDelete