I come from a long line of sign writers and am happiest with a brush and some paint! Add
paint to fabric and I get really excited!!

Monday, June 2, 2014

Changes

I have been gradually transitioning away from a job that has kept me very busy and pre-occupied for the last 14 years. There was very little, if any, creativity in my work and at the end of the day, I was exhausted. Finally the time came for me to say goodbye to this part of my life and to move on to something that makes me happier. 

And, you know what, I am really okay with my decision..

4 comments:

  1. good for you! It can be hard to make that decision, but very freeing to have the decision behind you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy for you! Retiring from the workforce last September was the best thing I ever did, just for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer Scantlebury VienneauJune 3, 2014 at 10:51 PM

    Yes, it was a tough decision, but after lots of discussion, my husband looked at me and said, pick a date and stick with it..I sure couldn’t have done this without his support. Walking away from a regular pay cheque is kind of crazy, but it feels pretty right, no matter. I am looking forward and that feels good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer Scantlebury VienneauJune 3, 2014 at 10:53 PM

    Thanks! I am feeling very okay about my decision. I had reached my breaking point and it was definitely time for me to move on.

    ReplyDelete