I come from a long line of sign writers and am happiest with a brush and some paint! Add
paint to fabric and I get really excited!!

Friday, October 5, 2012

Oceans of comfort

I have always been drawn to the ocean, as have most members of my family. We seem to have a strong link to our ancestors who either owed their lives to the sea, or travelled over it to settle in a land new to them. I get much comfort from the rhythm of the waves, the continuity of the tides, the apparent simplicity of a complex force of nature.

Wherever I travel, I seek out water.

This is the Atlantic Ocean on the southeast side of Iceland. The beach is black lava sand, the water temperature is less than 9 degrees and the ice has broken off the glaciers of Jokulsarlon - the famous glacier river lagoon. This ice would be approximately 1000 years old. Incredible indeed. And oddly comforting.






4 comments:

  1. you should do something of the Hopewell Rocks....gorgeous scencery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anywhere on the Bay of Fundy is beautiful, isn’t it? A friend of mine made a small piece based on the flower pots for one of our Sistahood challenges. It is a wonderful source of inspiration - thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I ever could travel, I'd love to visit Iceland!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My interest in Iceland peaked when I was in elementary school and we studied Erik the Red! So, getting to visit the country was a dream in the making for me. It is a beautiful land - nature at its best!

    ReplyDelete