I come from a long line of sign writers and am happiest with a brush and some paint! Add
paint to fabric and I get really excited!!

Thursday, July 19, 2012

The F55 revealed!

I probably should have bought a new car. But, even though my Vibe is 9 years old, I still love it. So much so, that I will continue looking for the perfect second hand Vibe rather than buying a new car. Pontiac, silly Pontiac, doesn’t make these cars anymore so when previously owned come on the market, they are snapped up! 


I have always referred to my Vibe as a “SUV wannabe” - it rides high, the drive is comfortable and I know it drives like a tank through any weather conditions because that is what I have done all these years. Plus the back seat accommodates 6’2” sons and their long legs. Although soon after we received the car (it was on order for 6 long months!), Gabe got his license and rarely drove with us, let alone in the back seat! But, no matter! It is still a great feature!


So, I didn’t buy a car. 


Instead I bought a Millennium longarm....and I am loving it.....




Happy birthday to me!!


With special thanks to my long suffering husband who spent an entire day setting me up and is continuing to suffer through my new-ownership growth pains!


Am joining the The Needle and Thread Network - make sure you take a look and see what creative Canadians do when the weather is hot!

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations , you are sure to put many wonderful miles on this new toy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! and many happy hours with your new toy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, bless your birthday balloons!  This is gonna be wonderful for you. You won't need a car.  You'll be busy creating!  lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I bought a long arm recently too but I bought with retirement in mind :) Enjoy I hope you have support.
    Barb@Witsend 

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to you:) I agree. You will be too busy creating to be driving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you are right! lol It is keeping me off the roads!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought with my husband’s impending retirement in mind actually. I told him I needed something to keep me busy for the next 4 years or I would start travelling more without him and he would have to catch up! haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks! And it is keeping me busy - there is so much possibility! Oh wow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. And it's white! Funny how you compared it to or decided it was a bit like buying a car....I did that too and now over two years later seem to be needing a car but mine won't be a new one either....lol...I'm going to stop stalking you now....lol....thanks for visiting me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Today my beloved car conked out 3 times - I had to open the hood and jiggle the posts on the battery (after a panic call to my hubby, of course). Then I had to check and fill all 4 tires because I seem to have slow leaks on a rotating basis....Still, I don’t regret holding off on a new to me car and buying the Millennium instead. I aspire to quilting with even a small portion of the expertise you have. And I love reading your blog! Thanks for visiting mine!

    ReplyDelete